Amazon.com Widgets

As featured on p. 218 of "Bloggers on the Bus," under the name "a MyDD blogger."

Monday, April 03, 2006

Inspirational

I would have been happy enough just reading Future President Feingold's takedown of Chris Wallace's attempts to denigrate his attempt as pushing a resolution for censure. That interview was inspiration enough. But it has come to my attention that I actually know one of this cycle's Fighting Dems.

Eric Streit is really a friend of a friend, but back when he was still producing for television I talked with him about a show idea I had. He was pretty supportive and a good listener. I had no idea he had moved back to Kentucky and embarked on a campaign to unseat 6-term Republican Congressman Ed Whitfield. I also didn't know he was in the Navy for almost five years. His positions are solid and well thought-out, with an emphasis on jobs, health care and energy independence (he's calling Western Kentucky part of a potential "energy belt" with their preponderance of soybean and corn crops). I'd like to see some kind of statement on Iraq, but virtually everything else is covered pretty well.

It's inspiring to see someone drop their past life and make a real commitment to public service. Go Eric.

|